Located on the Santa Maria campus, the Testing Center handles GED and HiSET testing,
California Educator Credentialing Assessments, and many other web-based tests and/or
exams. One can also arrange test proctoring for distance learning courses taken through
other colleges/universities or can arrange to take the College-Level Examination Program
(CLEP); a proctoring fee of $35 is charged for each exam. AHC is a member of the Nation
College Testing Association and adheres to NCTA Professional Standards and Guideline.
To maximize the use of our space, different types of testing are offered on different
days. Be sure to check the Test Center Hours below to verify that your desired type of testing will be available. Most tests are offered
on a first-come, first served basis. Please ensure you leave yourself enough time
to complete your test within the posted Testing Center hours.
You are now Eligible for Transfer-Level English and Math Courses
California enacted Assembly Bill 705 (AB 705). All community colleges must maximize
the chance that students will complete transfer-level math and English within one
year, and transfer-level English as Second Language within three years.
Who is affected?
- All students will be eligible to enroll in one of several transfer-level math pathway
- All students will be eligible to enroll in the transfer-level English course, English
Why are we changing?
- We know that students are more successful in college when they take fewer low level
math and English classes.
- Allan Hancock College’s number one goal is your success.
What is happening?
- Allan Hancock College have redesigned the English and math courses.
- Allan Hancock College is expanding tutoring and student support services.
What do students need to do?
- Schedule an appointment in the Counseling Office to meet with a counselor.
- Check your Allan Hancock College mail by logging on to myHancock portal for more details.
Department location: Student Services Bldg. A, Rm. 404 (upstairs)
Testing Lab - Student Services Bldg. A, Rm. 406
Office telephone: 1-805-922-6966, ext. 3364
Fax number: (805) 922-0556
Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Mission Statement: It is the mission of Allan Hancock College Testing Center provides professional assessment
services designed to enhance student learning, promote academic success, and support
the diverse educational goals of all Allan Hancock College district students and its
community. Our program is committed to providing all of our students, faculty, and
community members with exceptional customer service while maintaining a learning environment
which supports academic integrity and rigor.
Top of Page