Library Student Learning Outcomes
- PSLO 1. Navigate a physical or virtual library to find a variety of resources to answer
- PSLO 2. Use the research process to efficiently locate and use the most appropriate
source of information for a problem or question
- PSL0 3. Evaluate the quality of information sources for bias, currency, authority,
accuracy, and coverage.
- PSL0 4. Use information ethically by citing sources, not representing work attributable
to others as their own, and requesting permission for use of copyrighted materials.
- CSLO 1 . Student defines an information need by formulating and stating a research
question, problem, or issue in a manner that others in the discipline can readily
- CSLO 2. Student assesses information resources and selects those that most efficiently
and effectively meet their particular information need.
- CSLO 3. Student uses information technology tools and a variety of delivery mechanisms
to locate and retrieve information relevant to their research question, problem, or
- CSLO 4. Student evaluates the accuracy and bias of information in the context of an
- CSLO 5. Student demonstrates an understanding of the ethical and legal issues surrounding
using information and information technology.
- CSLO 6. Student produces a product that integrates a variety of timely and appropriate
Top of Page
UCSB Transfer Student
I moved to the United States in 2012. My English was very limited, so I decided to enroll in noncredit ESL courses in the summer of that same year. By fall of 2013 after hard work and dedication, I was ready to transition to credit ESL. The sooner I started credit ESL the better, but as a new California resident the tuition was more expensive since I had to pay out of state tuition, so I decided to wait for a year to attend credit class at AHC. AHC has great student support programs that I utilized; for example, AIM, EOPS, CAN/TRIO, and the Tutorial Center. I recommend everyone to take advantage of these services and to ask for help from your instructors when needed.
Submit a Testimonial »