Administrative Service Area Outcomes
The various administrative units at Allan Hancock College have identified outcomes
to support their areas. The assessment of those outcomes enables the college to understand
its effectiveness and improve administrative functions.
AUXILIARY ACCOUNTING SERVICES
- SAO 1: Close AHC Foundation books within two weeks of month end.
- SAO 2: Process all Accounts Payable within the vendor terms.
- SAO 3: Process Bookstore and AHC Foundation payroll on-time with 99% accuracy.
- SAO 4: Perform at least one random Bookstore safe count each month.
- SAO 5: Provide a 12 business day maximum turnaround on green sheets that are complete,
comply with appropriate codes and have required back-up and authorization.
AUXILIARIES - PCPA
- SAO 1: Maintain a positive fund balance at fiscal year-end.
- SAO 2: Achieve 65% average capacity in all venues.
- SAO 3: Provide monthly financial package to PCPA Managers with summary of results
within two weeks of month-end.
- SAO 4: Establish a bi-monthly payroll for hourly employees and monthly payroll for
exempt salaried employees by the 26th of each month.
- SAO 5: Update Employee Handbook and keep current each year.
- SAO 6: Provide patrons with excellent service at the box office.
- SAO 7: Ensure patrons have a safe and pleasant experience while attending productions.
- SAO 8: Optimize box office staffing to provide maximum customer service at minimum
cost per hour (goals to be determined).
- SAO 9: Collaborate with the PCPA Foundation to evaluate the role and mission of the
PCPA Foundation as a supporting organization of PCPA in an effort to grow contributed
income and development activities.
- SAO 10: Continue focus on audience development.
- SAO 11: Develop and implement a formal plan and process for funding equipment and
- SAO 1: Implement Bookstore staff reorganization.
- SAO 2: Expand rental program.
- SAO 3: Develop campus partnering program.
- SAO 4: Develop structured student employee position and training program.
- SAO 5: Revise web site.
- SAO 6: Restore Bookstore profitability.
- SAO 7: Implement revised internal control procedures and hardware.
- SAO 1: Timely distribution of student refunds.
- SAO 2: Successful implementation of online parking permit system.
- SAO 1: Provide professional and responsive customer service.
- SAO 2: Provide professional and quality graphic communication services and products.
- SAO 3: Provide timely completion of CG Projects.
- SAO 4: Offer services most needed by the college and the non-profit customers.
- SAO 1: Reduction in crime.
- SAO 2: Increase in number of crimes solved.
- SAO 3: Overall feeling of safety on campus.
- SAO 1: Engage in timely, accurate communication with donors.
- SAO 2: Successfully acquire resources to address the college's identified critical
- SAO 3: Maintain compliance with all Federal, State, and District standards to enable
the AHC Foundation to continue to operate as a non-profit organization.
- SAO 4: Build awareness among college employees of how the AHC Foundation can support
- SAO 1: The institution maintains a sufficient number of qualified staff with full-time
responsibility to the institution.
- SAO 2: The institution has a sufficient number of support staff and administrators
with appropriate preparation and experience to provide the administrative services
necessary to support the institution's mission and purposes.
- SAO 1: Employees are provided with the technology resources needed to accomplish their
- SAO 2: Employees are satisfied with the outcomes of their technology support requests.
- SAO 1: The college community is informed of grant funding opportunities and is assisted
in developing competitive proposals to support educational programs and student services
in alignment with the district's strategic plan and annual priorities.
- SAO 2: The capacity of the college to develop proposals and administer sponsored programs
- SAO 3: Campus and community collaborations/partnerships are strengthened and relationships
with campus departments that are essential to the success of grant projects are enhanced.
- SAO 1: Respond to requests for data by date needed.
- SAO 2: Complete federal and state reports by due dates.
- SAO 3: Provide access to common program review / annual updates data.
- SAO 4: Archive program review and annual updates documents.
- SAO 1: Maintenance – Reduce the time frame for completing repair work orders to within
one week from submittal to completion.
- SAO 2: Custodial – Improve cleaning efficiency of custodial staff by improving cleaning
methods and equipment to maintain Level III Cleanliness.
- SAO 3: Grounds – Reduce the campus grounds water usage and improve the landscaping
with more native vegetation.
- SAO 4: Transportation – Improve staff transportation and reduce fossil fuel costs
by adding more alternative fuel vehicles.
- SAO 1: Enhance/increase communication to students, staff and the public via social
- SAO 2: Increase web traffic and "self serve" options for students and the public to
access college information.
- SAO 3: Provide valuable real-time information via the Student Helpdesk.
Top of Page
"I've enjoyed the wine courses here at Hancock. I have gained a better understanding and knowledge of the industry, specifically in the enology program. I hope to transfer to Cal Poly to major in ag business. The effort and partnership between our professors, the industry, and the universities make Hancock the perfect pathway for the full-time student or individual who wants to be part of the wine industry."