Financial Aid - You Can Afford College!
Click image above for video "Follow Your Dreams"
Think college is out of reach?
The truth is, just about everyone who wants to go to college can afford it. Nationwide,
seven out of ten full-time college students receive financial aid. In fact, last year, more than $30 million in grants, scholarships, and loans was awarded to Allan Hancock College students.
College is possible!
Applying for financial aid is free! Simply complete the form online. For maximum financial award, apply by March 2.
Need help? We're here for you!
Call us at 805-922-6966 x3200 or email us.
Calculate Your College Costs
Check Your Financial Aid Status
Financial Awareness Counseling Tool
Some Things You Should Know
- Do not assume you don’t qualify for financial aid. In fact, one out of two applicants
receives financial assistance.
- Applying for financial aid is free, simply complete the form online at www.fafsa.gov.
- For maximum financial award, apply by March 2. You can still apply after that date
and anytime throughout the year.
- If you are receiving any financial aid other than a Board of Governor's fee waiver
(BOG), dropping classes could result in the student repaying federal funds already
received or could reduce future financial aid funding. It is recommended that you
contact the financial aid office before dropping classes.
- All student payments for the semester will be based upon the number of units the student
is enrolled in prior to census. The units enrolled in as of that date will determine
the amount of Pell, FSEOG and Cal Grant funds a student will receive for the semester.
Any increases or decreases made to the student's unit load after census will not be
considered when calculating the payment amount for the semester. However, if a student
withdraws from all classes and is no longer enrolled for the semester, the student
may owe a repayment of funds received to the federal government and/or state.
- You must enroll in all classes for the semester including any 6 week, 8 week or other
short term classes offered during the semester by the census date of that semester
to be paid for those classes. If a student is not enrolled for semester length courses,
but initially enrolls later in the semester in short term courses, then units used
to calculate payment will be based on the Sunday immediately after the student's initial
registration. For more information on disbursements, overpayments and or Return of
Title IV, please visit our Financial Aid Announcements page.
7 Easy Steps to Financial Aid Success!
- Make the right choice---say yes to college!
- Obtain the financial aid application (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov.
- Obtain the California Community College Board of Governor’s fee waiver (BOG) form. The simple application is also available at the AHC financial aid office. Learn more about BOG
- Complete the FAFSA and BOG applications (we will help you!). If you submit the FAFSA online your results will be provided
in about three days; via mail, your results will be provided in about six weeks. BOG
eligibility can usually be determined in minutes right at the AHC financial aid office.
- Follow up with the AHC financial aid office staff to complete the financial aid process. This
could involve providing specific paperwork, as needed.
- Check with the AHC financial aid office staff about available scholarships.
- Nearly $500,000 is available each year from the Allan Hancock College Foundation for
Allan Hancock College students! You are done! Your efforts could pay off with up to $8,000 dollars annually to help with college
Top of Page
"The agribusiness program and the different teachers in this field have helped me in so many ways and shaped what I want to do in my life. They have also helped me get an internship. This program has prepared me for Cal Poly by not only being involved and helping in the community but by helping me realize how many people in the community are willing to help students succeed. My Career goal is to transfer to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and someday be involved in the nursery business interacting with different plant breeders."
Submit a Testimonial »