Student Grievances and Complaints
What are the Grounds for Student Complaints?
- Any act or threat of intimidation, harassment or physical aggression
- Arbitrary imposition of sanctions without due process
- Violation of student rights which are described in board policies or the college catalog
Informal procedure for complaints
When a student feels that he/she has just cause for a complaint, the following preliminary
steps must be taken in the sequence presented within ninety (90) days of the alleged
- Meet with the person(s) involved in the complaint to seek a solution. The Associated
Student Body's (ASB) commissioner of student rights may accompany the student and
may assist both parties to achieve a mutually acceptable resolution of the complaint.
- Confer with the chairperson of the appropriate department in cases involving faculty
or staff. The ASB commissioner of student rights may attend.
- Confer with the vice president, student services, or designee. He/she will call an
informal conference with the parties involved in the complaint. In the case of a complaint
against the vice president, student services, confer with the district affirmative
action officer. In either case, the ASB commissioner of student rights may attend.
Formal Procedure for Student Complaints
If the student feels that the complaint has not been satisfactorily resolved by the
informal procedures, he/she may submit a formal complaint to the vice president, student services office. Please review the catalog for the formal resolution procedures.
Submit Incident Report
If you have any questions on completing the form or reporting an incident, please
contact the Vice President of Student Services office at 805-922-6966 ext. 3650.
Top of Page
"Allan Hancock College offers many great courses and programs with flexible hours. I am able to get hands-on training to prepare myself for my future career. My goal is to graduate with a two-year degree and enter a hygienist program."