AHC only accepts official external transcripts.
Providing Transcripts to Allan Hancock College
Official transcripts are required to satisfy course prerequisites, Student Education
Plans, GE Certifications, Federal Financial Aid requirements, and degree and certificate
evaluations at Allan Hancock College. Transcripts submitted prior to 2010 were not
archived and will need to be resubmitted. Official (sealed) copies of transcripts
from colleges, universities and high schools attended should be submitted to the AHC
Admissions and Records office.
Transcripts should be submitted ahead of registration, in time for academic advising
and prerequisite clearance. Final official transcripts, showing all coursework and
grades received, must be received before GE certifications and degree and certificate
evaluations may be completed. Transcripts are evaluated based on the AACRAO guidelines
for regionally-accredited postsecondary institutions.
Transcripts submitted to Allan Hancock College become the property of Allan Hancock
College and will not be released to students, other colleges, or agencies. Plan to
request a personal copy from your former college or university if you need one for
Are high school transcripts required?
- High school transcripts are required of all College Now! participants
- High school transcripts are required if the student is utilizing HS geometry to fulfill
a math prerequisite
- High school transcripts are required if the student is utilizing foreign language
courses to fulfill a prerequisite
- High school transcripts are required to utilize course work completed through an articulation
agreement between specific high schools and AHC
- In some instances, financial aid recipients are also required to submit official high
- AHC also accepts junior high school transcripts for geometry to fulfill a math prerequisite
How long does it take to evaluate an official transcript?
- Official transcripts are processed in the order received
- During non-peak times, transcripts will be evaluated within 10 business days
- During peak times, transcripts will be evaluated within 15 business days
Official transcripts may be hand delivered to the admissions office, if in a sealed
envelope from the issuing institution.
Official transcripts may also be mailed to:
Allan Hancock College
Admissions & Records
800 S College Drive
Santa Maria CA 93454-6399
If your college or university sends official transcripts electronically from a certified
vendor, they may be sent from the issuing institution to: email@example.com
AHC does NOT accept electronic transcripts which are sent from the student.
Please contact the Admissions and Records office at 805-922-6966 ext. 3248 if you
need more information.
Did you attend a college that is now closed?
For students who attended a college that is now closed, they can use the link below
to find agencies in each state that provide post-secondary transcripts.
Top of Page
"Community Education's computer classes have helped me with tracking sales, budgeting, setting goals and incentives, and creating flyers for marketing my business. The best part is that the classes are only $5.00, and they are worth so much more!"