Transfer Studies - CSU General Education Breadth
(CSU GE/B) (Certificate of Achievement)
Completion of all these requirements will permit you to transfer to any CSU campus
without the need, after transfer, to take additional lower-division general education
courses. Students will
understand the basic principles of natural sciences, social and behavioral sciences,
the humanities and fine arts. Students completing this degree will understand the
basic principles of these academic disciplines, their methods of inquiry, their history, and
impact on society, and their relationships to each other.
Students will also be able to think critically, to communicate effectively, to reason
using quantitative models and to maintain their physical and mental well being.
The graduate of the transfer studies program in CSU general studies breadth will:
- Correctly set-up, solve, and interpret the results of a variety of computational and
non-computational problems relevant to the natural sciences by applying the language,
critical thinking, and mathematical skills acquired in previous courses.
- Demonstrate and understanding of the interrelationship between the creative arts,
the humanities, and themselves.
- Critically explain how people act and have acted in response to
- their societies.
- Demonstrate and understanding of how societies and social
- subgroups operate.
- Communicate ideas more effectively.
- Demonstrate and ability to think logically and critically in solving problems; explaining
conclusions; and evaluating, supporting or critiquing the thinking of others.
- Evaluate personal choices regarding disease prevention, healthy living, and making
positive life choices.
Top of Page
Political Science Transfer
"Counseling helped me develop a Student Education Plan which organized my classes in a way to help me develop as a better student and make my course-load easier by taking courses that complemented each other. The semesters were designed for me to focus on my courses. Now I'm well prepared and disciplined to start my new chapter in life by attending CSU Northridge as a Political Science: Law and Society major."
Submit a Testimonial »